sex hikaye

Viewers' favors - can European cinema compete with Hollywood?

a topikot nyitotta: filmhuadmin | 2001. február 2. péntek, 22:30

rendezés  

egy oldalon
7-1  /  7

2002. július 24. szerda, 14:53 7. | filmhu
Amarican films man are "tolvaj disznó" thiefs.

2001. március 11. vasárnap, 23:03 6. | filmhu
I'm not so radical... only think that there is a very special Hollywoodian way of story telling we cannot compete with. It doesnt mean that we should forget the story and leave in the hands of Hollywwood then, just we need to find and work our another, a new way to tell OUR stories.
I agree with you, new wave is dead, especially it's last period which came close to eliminite film as such.

2001. március 11. vasárnap, 18:58 5. | filmhu
You are touching an important question of European filmmaking. Mr.Smith is quite an expert in story-telling in a European way. But it was in England. And it is true that even Chariots of Fire and all the New Wave and Neorealism movies are gone. This is a new situation and especially in Eastern Europe. Nevertheless I do not beleive that you can get rid of the story. Because you are getting rid as well of your public. You can have a philosophical approach on that saying that the public is obliged to grow up to your filmmaking method, but the result will be the same as it was always: you will be unhappy and the moviegoers will be happy to watch the worst Hollywood bullshit. So I sympatize with you but vote for Iain.

2001. március 11. vasárnap, 03:21 4. | filmhu
Well, I think that Mr Smith is absolutely wrong. "To tell really good stories well" - that is to make epic films - it's Hollywood's exclusive territory where nobody can compete with it. If we - in Hungary, in Europe - try it the result is too obvious: our attempts are ridiculous or at least pathetic. That is Hollywwod which makes the best bad movies.

2001. február 3. szombat, 12:57 3. | filmhu
competition is not a real good expression in the approach of film making.

2001. február 3. szombat, 00:11 2. | filmhu
Well, although I'm only a Hungarian indie, I'm quite sure that European cinema can compete indeed. To my opinion, filmmaking is the art of "how" and not really "what".

What Europe - and especially Hungary - can offer to an international audience is a unique point of view: a nation of constant changes could survive in the heart of Europe and it made us somewhat wiser than the average.

Corruptions inside, interests of supremacies outside. "And still, the tram works", the machine of life keeps on doing its job, whatever happens. That's what we can add to this weird, common global knowledge.

Balazs Loth

2001. február 2. péntek, 22:30 1. | filmhu
According to Scot-born Hollywood producer Iain Smith, the way for the European - and the Hungarian - film industry to compete with Hollywood's overwhelming presence is "to tell really good stories well" and the audience will buy it. Is there any sign of that happening?

nka emblema 2012